Custom Covers

ASK FOR A QUOTE

Doing illustrations means having to create everything from scratch. Going from a blank canvas to a fully realized painting takes time. How much time? It depends on the complexity of the illustration. Painting a water drop is not the same as having to paint a whole sea.

This means that I can't give you an exact price unless I know what you want me to paint. If you have a particular cover in mind, feel free to contact me to ask for a quote. Don't forget to tell me the genre, whether it's an eBook or a paperback cover, and the general idea you have in mind.

Click here to ask for a quote.

PAYMENT PROCESS

Payment is done through Paypal and it can be done full upfront or 70%-30%. If you decide on the latter, then 70% is paid upfront, but the other 30% is only paid once you see the fully realized cover. Once you send the rest of the payment, I send you the full-resolution files. 

GENERAL PRICE ranges FOR INDIES

Factors that will affect the price:

- number of characters

- how much of the character is painted (waist-up or full body)

- how detailed the character is (do they wear a simple white dress or a super detailed gown with frills and pearls)

- complexity of the background​ 

eBook Covers

Typically 300-420 USD

+420 USD if the design includes multiple characters and/or a very complex background.

Spine and Back Cover

The added spine and back cover is usually 80-100 USD, unless you want an illustrated back cover with characters and/or other complex elements, in this case, please ask for a quote.

 

*These prices are for indies only and do not apply to publishers.*

AUDIOBOOKS, HARDBACKS, AND DUST JACKETS

When commissioning a paperback, you have the option to get an audiobook cover, hardback, and a dust jacket, each for an extra 25 USD. If you ask for the three versions, that will be 75 USD. 

BOOKING

Because my schedule fills up fast, please contact me 3-4 months in advance. There is no booking fee; we simply agree on a date and on that agreed-upon date, the payment is made and I start working on the project. 

Custom EXAMPLES

Recently Published Custom Covers

Dark and Devious

Dark and Devious

by M.J. Padgett

Sous-Faerie Soufflé

Sous-Faerie Soufflé

by Allie Leigh

Beyond the Hawthorne Tree

Beyond the Hawthorne Tree

by Catelyn Wilson

Hunger of the Abyss

Hunger of the Abyss

by Luke Hoffman

cover Process

STEP I - Initial Sketch

I create the initial sketch based on the agreed-upon concept. I send it to the client to go through thorough revisions. Once the client approves the sketch, we move on to the next phase.

STEP II - Illustration

I use the initial sketch as the starting point for the illustration. Once the painting is fully finalized, with details and all, I send it to the client and we go through another round of revisions. When the illustration has been approved, we finally get to the final stage.

STEP III - Text

I add the text layout and usually show multiple fonts for the client to choose from. Once again, we go through another round of revisions, and when the client is fully satisfied, the cover is complete.

EXAMPLES

Line Sketch

Line Sketch

Color Sketch

Color Sketch

Cover

Cover

Initial Sketch

Initial Sketch

eBook

eBook

Paperback

Paperback

Initial Sketch

Initial Sketch

Illustration

Illustration

Paperback Cover

Paperback Cover

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me! :)